Developer Specialist for a European Institution
Primarily technical work related to the development, maintenance and support of Information Systems, typically under the supervision of a Project Manager.
Nature of the tasks
- Develop and maintain applications in accordance with specifications and technical best practices
- Requirements analysis
- Create process and data models, draw up technical specifications, build prototypes
- Investigate technical solutions which meet a list of requirements and standards
- Assist the project manager in making proposals for the definition of tasks, estimates and deliverables
- Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings
- Develop unit and integration test suites, plans and programs
- Define and integrate technological components or applications
- Produce technical and user documentation
- Assist business users of the system
- Assist with deployment and configuration of the system
- Take part in application support by investigating issues (3rd level support etc.)
- Coach and support less skilled developers
Bachelor for Junior and Standard levels. Master for Senior level.
- Knowledge of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge of REST and working with APIs, developing APIs, etc.
- Knowledge of issue-tracking and ticketing tools
- Knowledge of application integration
- Knowledge in database management system
Minimum 1 year for Junior level, minimum 4 years for Standard level, and minimum 8 years for Senior level, of professional experience in the following areas:
- Experience in application development
- Experience with UML or case tools
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with AGILE, Scrum or DevOps is a plus.
- Experience with programming languages such as those listed above in technical expertise.
Good knowledge of English or French (independent user – B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)).
Other specific expertise
- Very good analytical skills and ability to see the overall picture
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to participate in multilingual and multicultural meetings
- Ability to work independently as well as in team, through a methodological approach
- Ability to cope with changing technologies and environments
- Up-to-date with the latest development trends, techniques and technologies