Technical Support and Quality Specialist for a European Institution
Provisioning of technical services to support software development and the delivery process, quality assessment of code and other technical deliverables, management of releases and continuous integration, drafting of technical standards, specifications and other documents, liaising with hosting and other operational teams, management and follow-up of technical tasks. This is a technical integration role, which will involve participating in project teams, assuring the quality of developed software and supporting its lifecycle from development to production.
Nature of the tasks
- Assessment of code quality and other technical deliverables.
- Drafting and implementing code quality documentation and standards, usage of code quality tools
- Drafting of quality audits of specific applications, including suggestions for improvement
- Management of the software release lifecycle.
- Liaising with hosting and other operational services to support the release process.
- Troubleshooting and intervening in production and non-production issues.
- Maintenance of task logging and coordination of tasks with the relevant stakeholders at the technical level.
- Quality control, running test cases, exploratory testing, inspection of logs and root cause analysis.
- Assessment of application data quality.
- Development of mock-ups.
- Management of the continuous integration process and tools.
- Drafting of technical documentation for technical architecture, integration specifications, operational manuals, user manuals, development standards.
- Code quality standards and related tools.
- Continuous integration standards and tools.
- Software release lifecycle management.
- Task tracking methods and tools (Atlassian JIRA etc.)
- Software systems architecture.
- Integration technologies and patterns.
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Software development, related tools and methods.
- Participation in projects with a good understanding of project lifecycle.
- Application development languages and frameworks as defined in “Technical expertise”.
- Support of production systems, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis.
- Relational databases.
- Continuous integration tools and techniques (DevOps is a plus).
- Coordination of work tasks with stakeholders internal and external to the project team.
- Drafting technical and other documents.
Good knowledge of English or French (independent user – B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)).
Other specific expertise
- Very good analytical skills.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to participate in cross-team meetings.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, applying a methodological approach.
- Ability to cope with changing technologies and environment.
- Experience in establishing effective partnerships inside and outside the project team.
- Up-to-date with the latest development trends, techniques and technologies.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills.
- Affinity for a methodical approach to the work.