Analyst for a European Institution
Provision of services concerning, among others, analysis, design and quality assurance related activities for new and existing applications and systems. In addition, services regarding the procurement of said systems.
Nature of the tasks
- Services covering, among others, analysis, design, testing, training, deployment and hosting-related work, pertaining to production information systems and their environments.
- The provision of expertise, studies, evaluation and reporting of a business, functional, technical, quality and other relevant nature, for information systems.
- Analysis of business, functional and technology-related needs, requirements and specifications.
- Analysis of stakeholders, organisational structures, business processes, data flows and business models.
- Information systems’ architectural modelling and functional design.
- Workload analysis, estimation and costing (e.g. WBSs) for information systems.
- Information systems project and portfolio planning, risk and cost/benefit analysis.
- Production of documents relating to information systems (user guides etc.).
- Provision of quality plans, underpinning contracts, service level agreements, quality control and evaluation plans.
- Testing and acceptance of deliverables, provided by Suppliers (third-party contractors or otherwise).
Project Management and Quality Assurance
- Defining quality, test and acceptance procedures and criteria.
- Quality assessments or other matters associated with information systems’ quality.
- Undertaking the implementation/execution of a project management methodology
- Follow-up of information systems-related activities
- Participation in business, functional and technical working groups, progress meetings, and meetings with the business/users.
- Interfacing between the business side and the project team.
- Expertise in information systems architecture, business and functional analysis, software design, testing, training, acquired through information systems’ implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in software development as well as deployment and hosting-related activities.
- In-depth knowledge of methodologies, processes, tools and frameworks for software development (e.g. Agile/Scrum, iterative waterfall, etc.), design and modelling (e.g. prototyping, design patterns, use cases, BPM/BPMN, UML, etc.).
Minimum 5 years for the Standard level and minimum 10 years for the Senior level of professional experience in the following areas:
- Business, functional and technical analysis
- Quality procedures
- Conducting studies in the design and building of IT systems (e.g. quality, security, requirement analysis, technical or functional domain)
- IT project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, PMM4EP/ENGAGE, etc.), with IT governance and management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, etc.) and with analysis tools (mind mapping, root cause analysis, etc.)
- Application of analytical methodologies and techniques
Good knowledge of English or French (independent user – B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)).
Other specific expertise
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to communicate with management and staff at all levels
- Tact and diplomacy
- Capable of working in an international/ multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in team, through a methodological approach
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and specific functional areas
- Well-developed drafting, written communication, and feed-back gathering skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to work with changing technologies and environments
- Rapid self-starting capability