Project Manager for a European Institution
Manage projects requiring coordination of different teams or addressing a number of distinct application areas in one or more domains of ICT.
Nature of the tasks
- Manage ICT projects from the drafting of the project charter to the completion of all activities using European Parliament’s Project Management methodology (ENGAGE)
- Make proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting and management systems, follow-up and organisation
- Guide the team in charge of project activities and review their deliverables, follow-up project execution
- Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings
- Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project in adherence to the agreed terms of reference
- Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and track activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports
- Monitor results including costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensure that delivered systems are implemented along these criteria.
- Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors
- Provide effective leadership for the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly develop their skills and experience
Bachelor for Standard level. Master for Senior level.
- Project management
- Programme management (PMI-PgMP, or similar equivalent certification, for the senior profile)
- Use of project management tools. Willingness to use project management tools as specified by the participating Institutions
- Work experience using a Project Management Methodology (must have a PMI-PMP or PRINCE2 certification)
- Practical experience of reporting to Steering Committees or other governance bodies with representatives from the high management
Minimum 5 years for Standard level and minimum 10 years for Senior level of experience and more specifically as below:
- Experience in Project Management of Information Systems development projects. Practical experience of the system development life-cycle is desirable
- Optionally, experience in ICT Programme Management can be required
- Experience with a project management tool
- Proven experience with quality procedures
- Sound experience in iterative, incremental and adaptive lifecycles (e.g. RUP, agile methods)
Good knowledge of English or French (independent user – B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)).
Other specific expertise
- Rigorous and accurate approach to reporting
- Ability to give presentations
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to apply high-quality standards to all tasks
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings, very good communication skills, result oriented, customer-oriented
- Capable of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting
- Capable to and experience in working in a team, and of understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
- Leadership capability and autonomy
- Sound methodological approach
- Tact and diplomacy
- Excellent analytical, organisational and writing skills