Web Designer and Developer for a European Institution
Nature of the tasks
- Produce creative, original graphical proposals.
- Write graphical charter documents.
- Produce graphical content according to the established graphical charter and other graphical guidelines.
- Create front-ends and applications mock-ups.
- Create zoning proposals and wireframes.
- Use drawing, sketching, painting or photographic skills and computer packages to create and produce illustrations.
- Lead conceptual workshops regarding website design, general visual identity or application look & feel.
- Participate in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users.
- Provide advice on structure, content architecture and navigation.
- Make proposal on ergonomic best practices for front-ends and applications.
- Implement web standards (accessibility …).
- Assist the project manager on cost estimates regarding design tasks.
- Collaborate closely with development teams regarding the front-end implementation.
- Deliver presentations on final design to clients.
Bachelor (a non-ICT related field can be accepted if relevant to the profile)
- Excellent knowledge of IS usability
- Excellent knowledge of responsive design, web standards implementation, CSS-based design, crossbrowser compatibility
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Ability to work on both Mac and PC.
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies, especially regarding platforms and browsers.
Minimum 4 years of professional experience as web designer. Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
Good knowledge of English or French (independent user – B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)).
Other specific expertise
- Highly creative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent at solving problems creatively and effectively
- Very good analytical skills and ability to see the overall picture
- Very good time-management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, applying a methodological approach
- Ability to learn new skills
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies
- Ability to cope with changing technologies and environments
- Ability to integrate in existing teams